In an MLA essay, like in any other work, the first paragraph, which is the introduction, is important. With its help, you can capture the attention of the reader and set the tone for all work. MLA essays are creative work, and each introduction claims to be individual. In this article, we will tell you how to do it correctly and discuss a plan for an MLA essay.
Our plan discusses simple steps that will help you navigate the writing and understand which words to start your essay. So, adhere to the following:
- Outline the structure. This will help you maintain the logic of the story, make the work clear and coherent. Having an idea of the structure, you do not risk forgetting something. Only you should see the structure, and the reader should see smooth and clear text.
- Think about the first sentence that will interest the reader. This is important. Not everyone is ready to devote time to information that is not interesting to them and does not solve their problem. The reader should immediately understand what it is about. Therefore, it is essential here to write a thesis statement as well, which will disclose the main idea.
- Now get to the point. The first sentence of any paragraph should be similar to the point discussed in your thesis statement. The second and third sentences should serve as a link between the first and the rest.
- Create a smooth transition, not a trampoline transition.
- Now develop your main point. When you were going to start writing it, you had to set yourself a specific goal.
If the topic of the essay is simple and does not require concentration, then you can not think about the structure. Spontaneity is the key to unique work, that will make everyone amazed.
Based on: https://wr1ter.com/outline-template-mla