Salmon is universal seafood that everyone has tasted once. This saltwater fish is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids which are good for your health.
Salmon can be prepared in different ways. You can tone it up or down according to your preference or occasion. One of these delicacies is salmon wellington. This delicacy is easy yet very tasty which also makes you feel fulfilled.
For those who do not know what it is, wellington salmon is a savory item. It is also known as Salmon en Croute which means food wrapped in pastry dough in French. Wellington salmon is a puffed pastry stuffed with the goodness of spinach, salmon, and cheese which makes a great combination.
Now without further ado, let us see the recipe for making wellington salmon.
What Ingredients And Equipment Will You Need?
To make one serving of wellington salmon, you will need:
- 1 Salmon Fillet
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- Spinach, Onion, And Garlic
- 1 Beaten Egg Yolk
- Parmesan Cheese And Cream Cheese
- Butter And Dijon Mustard
- Seasonings Such As Salt, Pepper, Thyme
For equipment, you will need a cooking pan, a bowl, a food-grade brush, and a baking tray.
How To Make It?
Here is a step-by-step recipe for making salmon wellington at home. Read on.
- At first, sauté the spinach with parmesan cheese and make a mixture of butter, mustard, and spices.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a surface dusted by floured to stop it from sticking. Cut the sheet in half.
- Now brush the salmon fillet with the butter mixture on both sides. Add the cheesy spinach on top of the fillet.
- Then fold the puff pastry sheet from one side and brush with the beaten egg or egg wash. Repeat the same on the other folds and brush another layer of egg wash.
- Make sure that the pastry folds are well-sealed. Then transfer the pastry to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400o F. Place the tray into the oven and bake it for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Your tasty salmon wellington is ready. Let it cool down a bit and then dig into this fun and easy recipe. You can serve this dish with mashed potato, roasted or sauteed vegetables, or healthy salads. It will be a fulfilling meal with the nutritional benefits of veggies and fish.